10.02.2006

My Current Condition

This morning was the first week anniversary of tapering my dose of Paxil. This morning, I felt like I had been run over by a truck. The ringing in my ears is constant and very difficult to ignore. I have one more week before my dose is cut again - not sure if I'll be ready.


Images filmed by Phil Lawrence

This past Saturday, I felt very sad and also very tired. The headache may have been what caused my bad mood. There has been a ringing in my ears that makes me unsettled. The ringing and headache continued into Sunday, as did my bad mood. I was very short tempered. I'm not sure if it was the anger or the sensitivity, but sounds were making me very uncomfortable and irritable.

Sunday night was tough. I had very vivid dreams - they weren't overly bizarre but they were very disturbing. Some where violent. I went to sleep around 11PM and woke up abruptly at 12:30AM. I was disorientated and afraid to fall back asleep. I finally fell back asleep around 1:30AM. The dreams seemed to continue through the night.

Check out the photo with the post from 9/29 - look at the difference in my face...scary.


2 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! No disrespect, but you don't look so good. Hang in there, brother. You wouldn't believe how many of my friends have experienced the same problems with these drugs. When I mention your documentary, everyone seems to have a similar story and they are really excited to learn that they are not alone. I guess no one understands the side effects. Too bad that they have to find out the hard way.

 
At 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just be careful not to reduce too fast... it took me 22 months to get off seroxat.

I can especially identify with with you're saying about your anger and being irritable - your project brings it all back to me and it's not an experience that I'd wish on anyone.

Good luck - and please be careful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home