10.04.2006

State of the Mind

I felt pretty good most of the day Tuesday. My head still ached and I had the ringing in my ears, but I was busy enough not to think about it too much. The project is really picking up steam, I have set up a number of interviews that I think are going to turn out to be very important for the project.

Tuesday afternoon, I interviewed Sean, a 24 year-old guy who has struggled with depression and thoughts of suicide. It was interesting to hear from someone who is so in touch with what is going on around them. Sean has taken antidepressants since the age of 16.


Image filmed by Bob Seabold.

By Tuesday evening, my adrenaline for the day’s events was wearing off and my headache took over. It was wicked. I have to force myself to try not to let the pain in my head effect my kids. They are just kids who love to play and be loud. And right now, when I say loud, I mean LOUD.

Tuesday night was a rough night – I woke up at 3:30 am and couldn’t go back to sleep until around 5:30.


4 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Blogger D-Man said...

I'm actually 24. :-) Which means I have been taking SSRIs for over 8 years... Scary.

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might try taking Benedryl for the withdrawal symptoms. It worked for me when I was still sick a week after my last dose of Effexor. I felt better with in hours of taking the Benedryl.

At the time, it felt like the withdrawal was never going to end and my brain was forever rewired. But after another week or two, I felt a lot better. Hang in there.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Phil Lawrence said...

Sean,
thanks for the correction!
Phil

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Phil Lawrence said...

Liz,
Thanks for your feedback and recommendation.

Phil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home