4.25.2010

Sneak Preview Recap

WOW! What an experience! “Numb” had its sneak preview at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Film Festival yesterday and it was amazing. (Thank you to Ryan Oestrich and the rest of the staff at MSPIFF) I can’t believe how many people showed up! I was overwhelmed by the show of support and how well it was received.

Three people from the Twin Cities really stepped up and took my film to the next level – and they deserve a ton of credit! Melody Gilbert (www.frozenfeetfilms.com) is an awesome filmmaker who has produced and directed some amazing work. As the Executive Producer for “Numb” she has worked very hard to make sure the film was “ready.” Even though it was a long process, I now know what it means to have the film ready to go. Thank you Melody. BTW – if you get the chance, I strongly suggest you check out her films!

Our editor, Charlie Gerszewski from Channel Z (www.channelzsucks.com) , is an amazingly talented guy. To take my initial edits - of such a personal story - and bring it to this level was not an easy task. I was very protective of the material in the beginning and I had to learn to trust Charlie. Luckily, Charlie is the perfect editor – understanding, supportive, and most importantly, a great storyteller. Thank you Charlie for signing on and staying with it! Also, thanks to Ace Allgood at Channel Z for committing so much time and effort to the project.

As an amateur musician, the music in the film was very important to me. In the end, I think David Salmela (www.creativeelectricstudios.com) captured exactly what I was feeling at each moment of the film. The funny thing it, I knew from the first day that I met Dave, that he “got it.” Sitting the in theatre yesterday, hearing Dave’s music as a backdrop was the thread that held the whole thing together. Thanks Dave!

Finally, I need to thank all the local guys that I have worked with for so many years that really helped me out when I needed it. Bob, Darren, Mike, Dean, Jeremy, Tom, Cory – and everyone else involved in the project. THANK YOU!


5 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Ruby Rutabaga said...

Phil, I was at yesterday's screening at the Mpls-St Paul International Film Festival. I applaud your courage and your family's support in getting this story told. It's one that people need to hear & we ALL need to educate ourselves about how the pharmaceutical industry goes about getting their product approved and then its subsequent marketing. If we were more knowledgeable on this subject matter, I believe we would make different choices when it comes to our daily 'quality of life.' I hope to see this film on PBS or mainstream theatres someday. Keep the faith.

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous summer said...

Phil, I'm so excited to see the final edit! What is the distribution going to be like? When do you think it'll be available for purchase?

-Summerbee from PP

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the screening and thought it was wonderful. Your courage will benefit many people. There is growing activity in the mental health community questioning and exploring the issues the film brings up. I wish you well.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to see this film, been tracking it for years now. I hope you distribute it soon.

 
At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Fill,

I'd like to buy your movie, can you tell me how please?

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home