4.11.2007

State of the Mind.

I wish I could say that I'm improving and that things are getting back to normal, but unfortunately, that's not the case. While the physical symptoms of withdrawal have started to fade, the reality of living without the crutch of the medication is tough - tougher than I thought it would be. The film project is still in the works, but working and focusing on something so intense and so personal has become very difficult for me. It will happen, I'm just giving it time - after all, my stories not over yet...

On the positive side, this experience has taught me that I don't have all the answers - and that's okay. I just have to roll with the punches more and learn how to better appreciate the good things in life. But perhaps the most important thing that I have learned is that I'm not alone in this struggle.

Thanks for all the support and a special thank you to all of those who have shared their stories with me.


3 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how's the film coming?

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Koby Feldman, or Jake Feldman, however you remember me. After doing the interview with you, I was inspired to quit my anti-depressants. I am now doing better than ever before. When I was on them, I had no ambition, or drive, I was content to sit around my house all day, an emotionless blob. Now, I'm in school, working on one of YPC's upcoming movies, looking for work. My quitting anti-depressants has even inspired my dad to look into quitting. It feels amazing. It feels great to be able to cry at the end of movies again. Doing a documentary or not, you helped change my life, and you deserve a thank you for that. Thank you. And keep fighting. It's worth it.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's an inspiring message you just got from one of your interviewees. I hope it means a lot to you. Just think of what the movie might do for others. I know it's been a tough road. I hope it's getting better. Keep us posted on the progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home