11.30.2006

Fair and Balanced?


Image filmed by Phil Lawrence.

The past couple of days, I have really been working the phones. It hasn’t been too difficult to find people who are passionate about what they believe are the dangers of antidepressants. I’ve talked to a bunch of them and they are very gracious with sharing their stories. I’m finding that it is completely different when it comes to finding people who will take the other side and voice their opinions in favor of the use and benefits of psychotropic medications. Maybe it’s when I tell them that I’m doing a documentary that scares them - but why? Maybe it’s because people think they are going to get tricked or misrepresented. Considering what I do for a living, I do realize that nothing is ever really fair and balanced when it comes to artistic interpretations (or reporting of the news for that matter) but I legitimately want to hear all arguments and let the viewer make up their own minds on what or who to believe. I’m really hoping that once I make my way through the red tape, I’ll get some answers from the people who are really in a position to shed some light and make a real difference.

Stay tuned…


2 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will not concur on it. I over warm-hearted post. Particularly the designation attracted me to review the sound story.

 
At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home