11.07.2006

The Arc of Recovery

When you’re sick – like really down and out with something like the flu, you can almost always tell when you are starting to feel better. It’s the upside of feeling down – and, although at times you may still feel like you’re dying, it somehow feels good to know that you are, in fact, getting better. What I have began to realize over the past few days is that withdrawal from an antidepressant is nothing like that. Not even close. It tricks you into thinking you are getting better and then it attacks - again and again. During the past week, I have been fooled over and over – believing that today might be the day that I start feeling better. But then it hits me again – like a ton a bricks. The same crap – the head zaps, the agitation, the emotions, everything! At times, it even seems like it is getting worse.

I am still documenting all of my experiences, but I have to tell you, I am getting so tired of complaining. I sound like a broken record. Okay, it sucks – we get it! Now what!?

I really think it’s time for me to find new ways to cope. I need to. My situation is what it is. The hand I’ve been dealt sucks, but it’s all I’ve got to work with – so again, it comes down to choices – do I continue to suffer and complain and wait to get better - or do I do something about my situation?

I think it’s time for me to start exploring new options to deal with this misery - I’m so tired of suffering – it’s exhausting.


1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just take it slowly. There's no quick fix from where you are now. You can't go back to the Paxil, so the only way is forward.

You won't feel like you do now forever, but, by the same token, you're not going to get better by the weekend.

Acupuncture helped me when I was withdrawing... I'd still be doing it now - if I could afford it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home